Searching for this functionality (plugin?)

Hi
My client needs to find which AutoCAD plugin can supply the following functionality in what she knows to be a quite simple ("3 clicks, ready
to print") process when the said plugin (or function, I don't know - I just maintain her network) is installed.
1. It needs to overlay a user-defineable grid (say 15' x 15') following the parameters of the floor plan.
2. Draw in circles or squares at the intersections within the grid to represent installation sites of acoustical equipment on the ceiling.
Can anyone help?
Names, links, even proper vocabulary for Googling would be helpful.
Thanks,
Eric
If she knows it's simple why doesn't she know what it is or where she can get it?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

To Michael: She saw it demonstrated in another city, can't remember the name.
To Steve: Thanks!
Eric