Plugin sense circuit

I have 3 power jacks connected to a shared bus via a PCB. Each jack provides 19volts/9.5 amps. On it I have a microprocessor I have
programmed. What I would like to do is have the micro sense which jack has been plugged in.
Because of the heat and high amperage diodes don't seem like the best choice, and I have limited space for relays. Anyone have any good suggestions how I would go about doing this?
Mark
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hall effect devices on the power traces/wires? Coils with reed relays in them? Op amps sensing the voltage drop in the power traces/wires? Fit microswitches to the power jacks to sense a plug? Fit small magnets to the plugs and a reed relay/ Hall effect switch on the case as sensor? Use power jacks with an auxiliary contact? Opto-couplers across holes in the power sockets that have their beams broken by plugs? etc.. You want more?
--
Sue