Anti-Faschist Invention

Policemen can just suck me right off, because I don't like seeing them torture people with tazers, and I have put my inventive little brain to work on this not so hard problem. A chain mail shirt will short out a tazer gun, and then either the capacitor will explode, or the power supply will catch fire, in the policeman's hand. I don't even think that you'd have to wind the chain mail out of copper.

That makes chain mail better than kevlar, because not only will it stop a bullet, but when an attacker uses a "stun" gun, it will in fact redirect the violent attack back onto the attacker. This is fair game, since tazers are already known to be lethal to people with heart conditions.

Reply to
Tannhauser Gate

Although the following will NOT stop a bullet it will most certainly STOP a tazer and is order of magnitudes lighter. Simply wear 2 T-Shirts with aluminum foil in-between them. As long as the tazer hits where the shirt covers it will short it out. The same thing can be done with pants.

Enjoy:

Reply to
Sugien

[snip crap]

run for Congress. Hell, join Blackwater and learn what it is to be an American.

[snip rest of crap]

Try it, idiot, bullet or taser.

Reply to
Uncle Al

"Sugien" wrote in news:JOCdnc2cMKcy_WTbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

Tinfoil is too easy to tear. To be meaningful, it has to be sufficiently robust to survive the manhandling involved with the takedown that precedes the currently fashionable taser torturing.

Nobody has ever done the experiment about whether chain mail can be made to stop a bullet, so don't waste your time looking for links. If you do find one, it won't be thick gauge, chromium steel, which is both optimal and easy to get.

If I were as dishonest as the average internetter, the first scam I'd pull would be to pass off hardware store galvanized crap as a meaningful brand of steel. And if I were as clumsy as your average Rennaissance Festival buffoon, I'd do the same.

Reply to
Tannhauser Gate

Uncle Al wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hate.spam.net:

Yeah right, inventors get jobs in Congress. That's a good one, Brainless. And in case you hadn't noticed, Blackwater *are* the cops. Badge or no, one power mad pistol waver is the same as another.

Come over here and put this shirt on.

Reply to
Tannhauser Gate

Nah, forget the bondage stuff,fun though it is, weave carbon fiber into a T shirt

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

A layer of aluminum foil would work as well. But it wouldn't direct any harm back to the shooter.

John

Reply to
John Larkin

Chain mail will stop a bullet? If you decide to test that one, please, I'm begging you, have someone film it and put it on Youtube!

Whatever you do, don't try filming it yourself. You'll be far too busy being dead.

As for causing a short and somehow causing harm to the taser, I doubt it. Taser's reps shoot these things at a target with conductive lines around it. Sure, there are gaps to show off the fireworks, but compared to the very high resistance of human skin, it might as well be a short. Either way, the most you'd do shorting out a taser is make life hard on the electronics. You might shorten the lifespan of the taser by a couple years.

While we're on the subject of lifespans, keep in mind that most, if not all, law enforcement agencies in the US encourage officers to use the "minimal amount of force" to subdue suspects. This means that if they feel the need to subdue you, and the taser doesn't work, they'll probably shoot you, and as you lay there, bleeding and dying, your last thought will be of the taser, and how it will outlive you.

It would suck to be you.

Oh, with the fairly cheap price of body armor and it's availability to the public, many officers are now trained to shoot for the head, if "center mass" shots don't bring down the target.

The best defense against tasers, as well as police bullets, is to behave yourself, and if you can't manage that, don't f*ck with cops.

Enjoy! :-)

CS

Reply to
CS

When taped in-between 2 T-Shirts it is quite robust and resist tareing. Shoot just plane foil will resist tearing if you put it in right. You can also just put a bunch of almunium foil balls strung together with a very light gage wire and then it would not tear at all.

Although I have never tested the tensil stregnth of the foil I am quite sure that it is quite dificualt to tear by simply bending it over and over, it tens to crumple instead of tearing.

Reply to
Sugien

Or (gasp!!!) you could just go peaceably. Cops beating up someone that cooperates and isn't threatening doesn't happen nearly as often as when you struggle, run, fight back... Of course, if you want to avoid jailtime, you could always just behave yourself and not give the cops a reason to harass you.

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom

"CS" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

You've missed your calling in life. Whatever you're doing now that passes for a career is certainly pointless compared to the millions of dollars you could have made as a novelist.

Reply to
Tannhauser Gate

"Sugien" wrote in news:UOSdnYHjao4uA2TbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

Have you done this experiment?

Reply to
Tannhauser Gate

Martin Griffith wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I don't have enough oney to invent an new fabric, so I have to work with something that already exists.

Reply to
Tannhauser Gate

"Charles" wrote in news:wMOdnTddIOKJ4GTbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Don't tell the cops.

Reply to
Tannhauser Gate

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You're contradicting yourself.

Reply to
Tannhauser Gate

Try making a beanie out of it Daveb

Reply to
Anonymous

"daestrom" wrote in news:46f9a3fc$0$24351$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Of course, when five cops hold a guy down and the sixth tazes him repeatedly, it's the victim's fault he got tortured in front of the tv cameras, because the cops aren't responsible for their own actions. Cops are just robots programmed to attack people, and when you push their 'on' buttons, somebody gets hurt. They're superpowered machines, designed to destroy whatever they don't like.

Reply to
Tannhauser Gate

Best worn on the head.

Nor the OP. :-(

Reply to
krw

The outside t-shirt would handle the tazer barbs , don't see why it wouldn't work.

Reply to
PhilO

(DaveB) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.dslextreme.com:

Of all the responses to my OP, that's the friendliest thing anybody has yat said.

Reply to
Tannhauser Gate