Searching for servos.

Hi.

I'm looking for propotional servos for a small robotic projoct, where I need small servos that can operate minumum 270 degress, but have not been able to find any.

Most servos I have found either

- turns approx 170 degress, and that's not enough for my needs,

- or is continuously turning, witch is to no use as I need to be able to move to a specific location.

What I need is a largely a device like this:

that it a rotation-angle of at least 270 degrees. 360 or more would be even better ;-)

Do you have an idea on where I can get such servos?

I would be happy for any hints on where to find such servos.

/Henning

Reply to
Henning Wangerin

except that it a rotation-angle of at least 270 degrees. 360 or more

You could obviously install an additional 2:1 gear train with that servo therefore giving you 360 degrees but at half torque.

Reply to
Richard Edwards

You can use gearing to increase the angle turned or even have the driving motor turn a counted number of whole turns.

Michael Bell

Reply to
Michael Bell

IIRC you could modify the feedback pot drivetrain to not be a 1:1 gearing. You'd have to do a bit of re engineering, but mounting the feedback pot off to the side, instead of under the output shaft, and using a couple of appropriate gears would mean servo controlled feedback is still operable, but the resolution is of course reduced

Dave

Reply to
dave sanderson

Not sure whether it is possible with current crop of radio control servos but it used to be possible to change the throw by adding a couple of small resistors to the end connections on the feedback potentiometer.

Henry

except that it a rotation-angle of at least 270 degrees. 360 or more would

Reply to
Dragon