New Functionality

Hey all,
One of the things I'd like to figure out how to turn off is some of
the "handholding" that has been added to SolidWorks in the last
release or two (I'm currently using 2005)
What I'm talking about started with the mate functionality. After you
have created a mate it wants to create more. To cancel the function
you have to choose the x of hit escape, etc. Is it possible to turn
this off?
Similarly when dragging and dropping parts from a library, it wants to
keep inserting parts and some action is required to stop it.
The latest one I've found is when I start a new drawing it wants to
handhold me through an insertion of something. No, I prefer the old
way in which I just drag and drop my ass'y/part into the drawing. One
action, not three or four.
I've done a cursory look through the options and can't find any
indication of how to turn this stuff off.
Thanks,
Chris
Chris
Reply to
Chris Dubea
It's nice to have automation for certain things, but I also like to have options to keep "my way" of doing things...it's just how human brains are working.
For new drawings there's an option to avoid "Model View" command jumping on. It's inside the tool (property manager).
What I found irritating is new "create drawing" option (SW06) to select which view I want to add in to the drawing...is it the same tool that we have in 05 or am I missing something...there's no possibility to select more than one view? What's the point...I think every SW-user can read and figure out what view to add :-) Just adding graphics to the software doesn't inevitably make it faster/better...
Reply to
Markku Lehtola
When you want to place more than one view, there is a tab above the drawings views to choose single view or multiple views. You have to toggle on the multiple views and then you can choose the views you want added to the drawings
Reply to
her
> >> Chris Dubea wrote: >> >>> Hey all, >>> >>> One of the things I'd like to figure out how to turn off is some of >>> the "handholding" that has been added to SolidWorks in the last >>> release or two (I'm currently using 2005) >>> >>> What I'm talking about started with the mate functionality. After you >>> have created a mate it wants to create more. To cancel the function >>> you have to choose the x of hit escape, etc. Is it possible to turn >>> this off? >>> >>> Similarly when dragging and dropping parts from a library, it wants to >>> keep inserting parts and some action is required to stop it. >>> >>> The latest one I've found is when I start a new drawing it wants to >>> handhold me through an insertion of something. No, I prefer the old >>> way in which I just drag and drop my ass'y/part into the drawing. One >>> action, not three or four. >>> >>> I've done a cursory look through the options and can't find any >>> indication of how to turn this stuff off. >>> >>> Thanks, >>> >>> Chris >>> =========================================================================== >>> >>> Chris >> >> >> >> It's nice to have automation for certain things, but I also like to >> have options to keep "my way" of doing things...it's just how human >> brains are working. >> >> For new drawings there's an option to avoid "Model View" command >> jumping on. It's inside the tool (property manager). >> >> What I found irritating is new "create drawing" option (SW06) to >> select which view I want to add in to the drawing...is it the same >> tool that we have in 05 or am I missing something...there's no >> possibility to select more than one view? What's the point...I think >> every SW-user can read and figure out what view to add :-) Just adding >> graphics to the software doesn't inevitably make it faster/better... >> > When you want to place more than one view, there is a tab above the > drawings views to choose single view or multiple views. You have to > toggle on the multiple views and then you can choose the views you want > added to the drawings > >
Reply to
Markku Lehtola