New Functionality

Hey all,

One of the things I'd like to figure out how to turn off is some of the "handholding" that has been added to SolidWorks in the last release or two (I'm currently using 2005)

What I'm talking about started with the mate functionality. After you have created a mate it wants to create more. To cancel the function you have to choose the x of hit escape, etc. Is it possible to turn this off?

Similarly when dragging and dropping parts from a library, it wants to keep inserting parts and some action is required to stop it.

The latest one I've found is when I start a new drawing it wants to handhold me through an insertion of something. No, I prefer the old way in which I just drag and drop my ass'y/part into the drawing. One action, not three or four.

I've done a cursory look through the options and can't find any indication of how to turn this stuff off.

Thanks,

Chris =========================================================================== Chris

Reply to
Chris Dubea

It's nice to have automation for certain things, but I also like to have options to keep "my way" of doing things...it's just how human brains are working.

For new drawings there's an option to avoid "Model View" command jumping on. It's inside the tool (property manager).

What I found irritating is new "create drawing" option (SW06) to select which view I want to add in to the drawing...is it the same tool that we have in 05 or am I missing something...there's no possibility to select more than one view? What's the point...I think every SW-user can read and figure out what view to add :-) Just adding graphics to the software doesn't inevitably make it faster/better...

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

When you want to place more than one view, there is a tab above the drawings views to choose single view or multiple views. You have to toggle on the multiple views and then you can choose the views you want added to the drawings

Reply to
her

Reply to
Markku Lehtola