please help!

I was trained on SW01 and SW01+ and have barely used my skills in tw years. Just started using SW05 last week at work and am becoming mor competent, however, I can't get my assembly to explode. The ico remains inctive for some reason. I've scanned the help files an think that I must be missing something extremely obvious Is there anyone out there who can tell me what I'm missing? I nee your help please Thank yo

-Davi

Reply to
David

Are you trying to generate an exploded view, or are you trying to show an already generated exploded view in the exploded state? I'm working in SW04, but I think it works the same in SW05. As I recall, a lot more use is made of the right mouse button now.

In either case, the configuration you want to explode needs to be active, so double click on it or right click and pick Show Configuration. To generate an exploded view, right click and pick New Exploded View. If the exploded view already exists, hit the + symbol to the left of the configuration to cascade the exploded view, then double click on it, or right click and pick Explode.

Jerry Steiger

Thank you for your help. That's one problem solved. I wonder how man more?

-Davi

Reply to
David

Quite a lot has changed since SW2001+. There are lots of new ways to do things, especially in sheet metal. You might even want to take training again, but that could be a pretty hard sell. I would probably go through the tutorial. Read all of the What's New for SW2005. If they have earlier versions installed, read through the What's New for each of them.

Jerry Steiger