Toolbar menu's troubles

I'm trying to help a friend who's at a different company. The guy who use to maintain their CAD (electrical) Package is gone and no one knows anything about adding/changing symbols, etc. in their menu.

They are using a Toolbar kind of menu on the left side with icons that expand out when mouse is over.

When I add or modify a line and recompile the menu.mnu file, the menus don't work and the Icons are all screwed up (sigh).

They have all their source BMP icon files in a separate folder and that is in their search path.

An example of the menu info is as follows (whatch for word wrap):

**TB_G-MENU_-_MC-SWITCHES ID_G_Menu___MC_Switches_0 [_Toolbar("G-Menu - MC-Switches", _Floating, _Hide, 465, 161, 6)] ID__0 [_Button("Switch", "switch-line_voltage.bmp", "ICON_24_BLANK")]^C^C(hidetoolbar);(gmf-insert "switch-line_voltage" 0 "d16-lights_switch" 0 0 0 "")

Anyone know where I can get some info on the line command structure (ie: what is the logic behind the ID_# part? Seems random to me).

Any help/info is appreciated.

BruceF

Reply to
Mr. B

What you seek can be found by going to the Help Menu>Help>Customization Guide>From here varies with release. The ID_XXX can be anything you want it to be. One use is to tie the command with the Help String. i.e.

ID_FTG [Footing Lines*FTG]^C^C(if (not c:chFOOTING)(Load "chFOOTING"));chFOOTING;

***HELPSTRINGS

ID_FTG [Load LISP to place FOOTING LINES]

Reply to
Chip Harper

Okay...

Ah... simple enough.

Thanks!

BruceF

Reply to
Mr. B

Your Welcome :-)

Reply to
Chip Harper

I would recommend the book "Customizing Autocad" by Sham Tickoo - it does a good job of explaining this stuff .... I just bought a copy on half.com for under $12

Reply to
don