very simple lisp question

hey there,
you'll have to forgive me ive only been doing autolisp for about a week so this is going to sound a bit stupid. but here we go.
i have two points that are relative to a user defined point and i need to make a point that will always be at the mid point of those two points regardless of the distance between them as chosen by the person running the program.
im not sure how clear i just made that as i am running on no sleep and am getting slightly frustrated.
any help would be very kind
Floyd
Hi

You load and use the application I place here ;
defun im (/ div dell a b) (setq div(getint " How many points between endpoints ? ") (setq dell(getint " on what number point do you want to Snap ?")) (setq a (getpoint "Point One : ")) (setq b (getpoint "Point Two : ")) (mapcar '- a (mapcar '* (mapcar '/ (mapcar '- a b) (cons div(list div div))) (cons dell(list dell dell))) ))
This piece of code, work transparent when you point your way thru , point after point , and can place a point in 3D , one third out , or 2 fifth out , from one point to another. This is even a 3D Snap , as input points with juicy Lisp is defined as lists with x y an z values. This mean that somthing like as effevtive the spots is on the screen before you, a Lisp application can offer you the magic stick of 3D projecting free hand. Who ever need that. But the function work ; you subtract one point list from another, divide equaly x y and z with how many points between the two points you want your new point, in between, but use it carefully it is acturly a very nice design tool, when everything else don't work ;))
P.C. http://www.designcommunity.com/scrapbook/2819.html

?"))
after
from one

lists
before you,

hand.
from
points you

nice
Hey again,
thanks for the help (and I will definantly keep the app you posted handy for future reference) but I think that I may have made my task seem a little more complicated than it is. Basically it works like this. I have what essentially looks like a 2d box right now. The user picks a base point the sets height and width and it looks a bit like this
Ftg4 ftg3
Ftg1 ftg2
Those are the points I have so far. The point I need to create needs to always be between ftg3 & 4 (regardless of height or width) because I need to put a slot there. So that it will look like this.
Ftg4 kw1 kw2 ftg3
kw4 kw3
Ftg1 ftg2
But first I need a midpoint between ftg3 & 4 to base the kw points off of. This is crucial because I need to do similar steps to create the rest of the image. (will eventually be a footing detail) so basically what I am trying to do is setq a point that will always be between ftg4 & 3.
Sorry about the miscomunication there as I stated I was very tired at the time of my message and wasn't making much sense to myself. So just to clear up somethings. The detail is completely 2d. And im basicaly looking for a way to grab the distance between two setq'd points (not literal drawn points just setq'd reference points) and setq another point to automatically be there regardless of height or distance.
Once again im sorry for the trouble and am gratefull for the help up to this point.
Floyd
here's one way.....
(setq midpt (polar Ftg4 (angle Ftg4 Ftg3) (/ (distance Ftg4 Ftg3) 2) ) )
HTH, Jeff

Snap
div)))
point
,
as
free
list
two
a very

handy for

little
the
need to

of.
of the

trying
the
clear
for a

points
be
to this

hey,
thanks a ton man that works great. really appreciate the help. time to go finish my little routine. thanks man.
Floyd
Jeff Mishler wrote:

Jeff, I can't even believe how complicated I've made that very task. LOL (I'm not telling you how I did that, on the grounds that it may tend to incriminate me as a maroon.)
Thanks for your post.
HiHo; The cal command will do that very well cal can be used transparently by preceeding the command with ' i.e. 'cal Then mee which is short for middle end end. cal can also be used to fine both slot points. by using plt or point line percentage of total length. cal can be used in a lisp program by prefixing i.e. (command 'cal mee(end,end))

the
_non;'cal;(cur+cur)/2;
works well