Annoying plot style problem

Ihave this annoying issue, with the notebook of a friend of mine: when I try to edit Plot Styles the entire sistem crashes, and the only solution is to reboot the entire thing. It happens with Autocad 2000 and 2004. Does anybody know why does this happen? Is there a way other than reformatting to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Invernomuto

Does it happen only with certain styles, or with all styles? Have you tried adding a new one?

Reply to
TomD

Well, it happens with every existing Plot stile, but come to think of it, I never tried to make a new one... Anyway, would you have some advice on the problem?

Thank you

Reply to
Invernomuto

Nothing solid, I'm afraid. We've had some issues with plotters between

2000 and 2000i systems here. I can't remember the details, though I think it had something to do with the actual plotters being incompatible between the two. This caused bizarre trouble when trying to use one print device with both versions.

The only thing I could suggest is to try making a new style on each and see if they work that way. (I'm thinking that maybe the styles are not compatible between versions, or some such issue.)

Reply to
TomD

I'll give it a try anyway, thank you very much

Reply to
Invernomuto

I have run across something similar trying to coordinate with another consultant. It was crashing his unit every time he tried to edit the style I sent him. Turned out to be an incompatability with the plotter I was using. We used the old pc2 file and then used it to create a new style for his machine, using his plotter driver. This fixed it for us.

Reply to
Steve W