what's a KIP?

pertaining to weld strength. I have never seen it before, I assume its
metric strength like Kilo per meter
thanks
Rob
Reply to
longshot
1 KIP = 1000 LBS.
Greg
l> pertaining to weld strength. I have never seen it before, I assume its
Reply to
Greg Young
I don't think it "stands for" anything. Probably dates back to a need to be able to "pronounce" "KP." ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
yes, half a ton. but I forget what the "I" is for, unless it's "KI" pounds.
that right?
Reply to
roy
KIP is a brand of wide-format printers
Reply to
jeremy.weil
40 winks, a nap, a snooze or a doze. berts gonna have one right now. zzzzz.....
Reply to
bert
I think it is 1000 pounds, I remember Kips from a long ago statics class in the US. Kilo-pounds?
Norman
Reply to
NormanHeyen