what's a KIP?

pertaining to weld strength. I have never seen it before, I assume its metric strength like Kilo per meter thanks Rob

Reply to
longshot
1 KIP = 1000 LBS.

Greg

l> pertaining to weld strength. I have never seen it before, I assume its

Reply to
Greg Young

I don't think it "stands for" anything. Probably dates back to a need to be able to "pronounce" "KP." ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

yes, half a ton. but I forget what the "I" is for, unless it's "KI" pounds.

that right?

Reply to
roy

KIP is a brand of wide-format printers

Reply to
jeremy.weil
40 winks, a nap, a snooze or a doze. berts gonna have one right now. zzzzz.....
Reply to
bert

I think it is 1000 pounds, I remember Kips from a long ago statics class in the US. Kilo-pounds?

Norman

Reply to
NormanHeyen