FA : 208 # Vintage Blacksmith Anvil - Made In Sweden

208 lb. anvil, marked Made In Sweden, with a 5 point star above it, that is slightly visible.There appears to be no other markings that I
am aware of. The overall length is 29" x 12 1/2" high. The horn is 8 1/2". The top plate measures 18" x 4 3/4". The hardy hole is 1 1/4" square. The entire working surface, horn and plate, have no chips, gouges, repairs or breaks. The ring sounds like a church bell and the rebound is fantastic. I have had a few anvils that I've sold and this is the best one overall. I was just informed that this is a North Star anvil. According to Richard Postman's Anvils in America it likely dates to around 1930. Swedish anvils are considered to be of very high quality.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itema03749628
Geoff wrote:

Can I ask why would people want to pay so much money for an old anvil when a new one could be had for the same cost or even cheaper? As an example, I offer the 175# anvil at euroanvils.net. It is shown on the first page.
I'm just trying to understand. I like the pattern of the Swedish anvil listed and I think it's in great shape. I was also excited enough to thing about bidding on it. But, when I looked at the price it was at already, I found myself asking the same question I posed above?
Can someone tell me if there is more than nostalgia to the high price of old anvils?
rvb