Found: My 1950 Machinery's Handbook

As soon as I found it (14th edition) I rushed to compare it to my 1976-20th edition and found, to my surprise, there was esentially no difference in the
steels and heat treating sections (with the exception of course of the newer steels). The section on heat treating in both is about 45 pages and is almost a word-for-word duplication. Could others in the group with earlier and later editions comment on this section of their copies? I'd sure like to buy/trade for an earlier copy if it's significantly better.
dennis in nca
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Dgrup) Spaketh Thusly:

I don't have a newer one to compare to, but check at anvilfire.com, there's a section there about it. FYI: I found my 11th edition through bibliofind.com for $20 delivered.
-- Bill H. [my "reply to" address is real] www.necka.net Molon Labe!