Homemade mini anvil

Good plan.
Around here there are backyard and places 'cops' that turn in people with to much stacked around. Often it is a trash yard (dumping trash) but sometimes it is
a private junk yard and both of those get trashed by the police. Water pollution......
Builders, so I hear anyway, buy larger plots of land so neighbors are not bothered... :-)
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member http://lufkinced.com /
Gunner wrote:

-
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:08:34 -0600, Martin H. Eastburn

And how much stuff in the backyard would be "too much"?

I'm not one of the 'backyard snoopy cops' - that both help us and cause ill towards a neighbor.
In some places, so I have seen on the TV, a flag on a flag pole or a car on the street or one in the back yard or anything that has grass growing in or through it...
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member http://lufkinced.com /
Ignoramus25600 wrote:

-
There was this gentleman (that's spelt prick btw) that lived next door to my dad, and he was building a house.
He asked my Dad if held like some wood left over from the construction.
Dad, being Dad, said okay.
The "gentleman" then called the local council and complained that my Dad had an unsightly yard.
The "Universe's Biggest Used Tampon Award" is awarded to this "gentleman".
Regards Charles (who is still bitter) P.S. The genltleman then truely wondered why the neighbours didn't like him.
Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:08:34 -0600, "Martin H. Eastburn"

Yeah. I used to have to be "good" when we lived in town. Now, we live 30 miles from city limits and have 15 acres. Some of the neighbors have worse yards than us and nobody complains. One of these days (maybe) I'll clean up the yard. - Regards Gordie
In alt.crafts.blacksmithing Ignoramus wrote:

You're just going to have to get busy, Ig. :)
Eatchur heart out, Ig... I don't even have a stupid lawn to get in the way of my good stuff! :) I got him beat all to hell.
http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/furnace.jpg
(girlfriend is holding up the cardboard so nobody will see all my good stuff and come steal it)
Alvin in AZ
On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 22:22:17 +0000 (UTC), Ignoramus18033
<&#103&#111&#114&#100&#105&#101&#64&#110&#111&#108&#97&#108&#117&#46&#111&#110&#46&#99&#97> wrote:

Yeah, I let things go this time of year. Usually is lots of snow and can't work outside with the welder anyway. My welding table is at the corner of the deck. I made a small box of steel sheet for the plug-in and mounted it with the open end down so that rain sheds without ever touching the receptacle. Just bring out the welder and plug it in. Have a similar set-up for 110V for the MIG too. These boxes are under the deck at the back of the bench.
My father in law was a welder. He helped me with the idea and turned me loose. Three legs was his idea but I only had enough pipe for two so he gave me some channel. This anvil is all I really need around here.
PS - Some of the rest of the yard is worse :) - Regards Gordie
An old guy that had a fabrication shop here in town years ago had the reputation of no matter where in his yard you wanted to do some arc welding, inside or out, you had an earth. The earth clamp was hooked to a bench inside his shed and that's where it stayed, that much scrap steel laying on the ground througout the whole yard was "LIVE". OH&S wasn't heard of then! Rod
"The Nolalu Barn Owl" <&#103&#111&#114&#100&#105&#101&#64&#110&#111&#108&#97&#108&#117&#46&#111&#110&#46&#99&#97> wrote in message wrote:

It is called "hardfacing" in English, and has precious little with what I did (which was welding a rectangular piece of (presumably) 4140 steel to a railroad rail).

You surely do not have to know what you are responding to, but you run a risk of making comments that do not show you in the best possible light.