Oldguy Newbie

I'm restoring an old workshop (150+ years old) which used to have a portable forge in it. Dusty floor, bits of coal and iron, and my first effort at
making a forge 'way back in the 50's, when I dropped a harrow disc into a truck brake rim and powered it with an old vacuum cleaner! Anyway, recently acquired a small anvil, and am again bitten by the blacksmithing bug. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the newsgroup postings, and wanted to say 'Thanks' for the benefit of your experience and advice to others.
Mac Harper