Anyone used G50 to hold tight sizes?

I have suspected thermal expansion was messing a job and considered applyin g a correction factor with G50, scaling. The machine is a Digi Mori NMV5000 and it does not have temperature controlled coolant.

First part machined with inspection results way out of tolerance pointing t owards thermal expansion then we did a set of holes done on a test plate. T est plate report looks good. Material used on both is aluminium, looked up the thermal expansion factor and was consistent with results on first part.

No answer yet for the job but surely G50 would be handy to fix true positio n, is better than cheating the figures in the program.

So, anyone here used G50 to fix bad results? I'd like to hear your story.

DanP

Reply to
DanP