Cutting threads in CSS

Anyone use CSS (constant surface speed) to do threading on a lathe? It drives my machine nuts with the constantly changing RPM. Did my
first few threads like this then switched to constant RPM mode.

Really no reason to use css unless you're face grooving a square form ( scroll ) or cutting some sort of an overly steeply tapered thread ( oilfield )
On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 17:52:55 -0800, "PrecisionmachinisT"

That's the conclusion I came to. Not really that big a diameter change from start of thread to last pass. I never cut a scroll thread but that would be a good place to use CSS.

Speaking of face threads...
Other than the obvious sfm considerations, some might be surprised to find that most of the canned threading routines that are available on your garden variety modern controllers are equally as capable of acurately tracing in the x instead of in the Z and in fact the same G code is typically used.