Even during high unemployment, good help is hard to find it seems.

About 6 months ago, I switched employers, since my employer of 13 years decided to give it up... I had a new job within about 4 hours.
Seems a few large tool & die shops in the country have gone out of business, and now my new employer has more work than they know what to do with. I've worked at /least/ 60+ hours a week for the past 5 months, with no end in sight. Work just keep pouring in. And the last 3 monthly profit sharing checks are over $1K.
Their current problem is finding qualified help. They are about 2 1/2 hour north of Chicago, and could EASILY hire 6-8 machinists.
Anyone else overly busy like this, and can't find qualified help?

We have a very hard time finding good help here in NJ in that field. We do light assembly and fabrication only, but the concepts of our equipment parts and components are deep enough that a machinist is generally best matched...
Yet we usually don't find them even when specifically advertising for them.
I'm potentially looking to add another person now and I am not looking forward to the search process again.
Seems all the folks I want to hire have migrarted from NJ to AZ or FL. :)
Anyone know someone in the NJ area? I'm not ready yet, but would talk to them and put them at the top of the list for when we are ready in a short while...
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com / Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook
V8013-R

Boeing is hiring....
The number of open jobs at least around my own area if indicated by craiglist and also by the state unemployment office and the listing agencies such as monster and indeed as well as thelocal newspapers etc have in the past year or so increased by several hundred percent as compared to any other time period since ~pre-2002.

On 11/18/2010 11:37, Steve Mackay wrote:

Which side of Lake Michigan?
--
Steve Walker
snipped-for-privacy@verizonwallet.com (remove wallet to reply)
On 11/19/2010 4:29 PM, Steve Walker wrote:

About 30 minutes North West of Milwaukee. So the left side of Lake Michigan :)
On 11/19/2010 09:05, Steve Mackay wrote:

Oh well. I'm in Muskegon, currently unhappy with my employer, but the wages are okay.
--
Steve Walker
snipped-for-privacy@verizonwallet.com (remove wallet to reply)
On 11/20/2010 6:48 AM, Steve Walker wrote:

One of the owners decided we need more machines... So they went out and bought another pallet horizontal(we do some very large production jobs as well as a normal job shop), 1 more Kuraki horizontal, and 2 Toyoda verticals.
And that's after just finishing up installing an OKK KCV1000
Where they are going to find people to run these machines, I dunno...