Experience with Sankvik Techinical Guide book?

Creating a workbook in excel that will help me formulate speeds/feeds that will achieve highest metal removal rate without exceeding 85% mills horsepower and torque limits. Primarily have been using Sankvik Techinical Guide to develop this. However, I'm confused by the Kc value column. Is the .016 representing ipt or is it square inches? Using numbers as is in book seem to jive with my experience on mill. However, am not currently running one to test numbers out. If pulling a .04 chip load would have to multiply there number 250% or divide it by nearly .25% if the number is equivalent to square inches. I'm going to go .08 deep @ .04 ipt. Therefore my chip is .0032 in square. Any one with experience to answer? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
hacdunqh