Finish - reaming versus boring

Material is inconel 925. I've been boring it and getting a faboulous finish however I'd like to quicken the process using reamers. I'm using carbide reamers running about 70 sfpm. The finish is acceptable but not fantastic. Any suggestions on how to get a mirror finish using a reamer?

Reply to
dlevy

dlevy:

You might try diamond honing a small radius on the sharp cutting edge of the reamer, sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't depending on material, feeds/speeds, your skill honing a relief angle on the radius, etc..

If the hole is large enough *roller burnishing* can often give mirror finishes in many materials, but that adds another operation.

-- BottleBob

BottleBob