HEIDENHAIN iTNC 530 Tap Cycle Help Conversational Format

cncmillgil. I have a feeling you do not like this control to much. All my experience on Heidenhain in all those years was positive and I think if I had a choice I would never work on any other control. It is just different to you and it will take some time to adjust. If you have any specific questions you can send me an email or just post here but I usually don't go back in posts so far so you may want to start a new thread. I will try to help you out and you will see you will learn to like Heindenhain. Jerry

"cncmillgil" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@z34g2000vbl.googlegroups.com... On Sep 23, 5:58 am, cncmillgil wrote:

Ok overall consensise so far, about 25-50hrs actual machine time over the last 9mo. Heidenhain 426 conversational input on Anayak VH1800. Its a bitch The thinking mentality , logic, behind the the predefined cycles are different than today. Gotta remember they did not have & readily avalaible, good CAM systems to get data feed to the machine & get'r running. Besides Mastercam/Smartcam/Sufcam early 90 ish. High end systems McD/Slumberje?/CV/Camax/IT/ were the few REAL cam systems out there, and were few & far between. So take a shop floor guy & give'em a way to get basic geometry off basic prints in to the machine, let the control do all the hard trig math, with a few "rules" for those cycles & wala! Yer cut'in 3D shit with cycle looping /inrementaly progressing & multi passing milling controled by number of repeats stuff. Plus while the machine is running, next up programs can be witten/ screen tested(backploted),pre difined work offsets calculated(programing in background). & it has its own user defined macro input called "Q" programs for "family of parts" type work. . Make a d It's input & editing key functions & terminolgy are kinda funky as comparied to US? IE: no entry=clear entry - NC start=Cycle Start NC stop=interrupt cycle/feed hold. It's ok, but just makes you think for a second. The reasoning is, that control was put on all kinds of machines, prolly robots & other cnc controled equipt. So across the board terminolgy is used. Its just another Freekin machine tool. Another notch in the belt. Gonna need a bigger belt here soon. As I said before, I will own you bitch! You are a piece of ancient shit. But you still work, so this crazy ol moldmaker is gonna have some fun with you, with your big ass 50taper (no tool changer) 30hp gear drive dick head shaped head. This machine tool is what happens when German engineering & Spanish engineering get together. WTH? were they thinking? Freekin goof balls. Such a big ass machine but not enough rigidity to hold large face mills from deflection - noticed on mainly exit off of part. Just slightly, again noticalble by cutter marks (trailing & leading edge) & size measurement. +-.001 over 4"dia face mill. Not so much head out of sqr as seen from stepover, but deflection in direction of travel. Its gotta be not enough strength by desgin of the physical head shape. It looks like a swivel dick sticking out of the Y carrage. This compact swiveling head design was intended for a purpose.? Maybe tall cores/ castings with small corner radii? Thus the head could be swiveled to gain access way down vertical walls? Its big enough & strong enough to preform very well at jobs like that. Kinda reminds me of giant version of the old Bridgeport "Quilmaster" head. With a huge X(70") Y Z travels open bed, full front loading - door access. You just don't see the likes of one of these too often. I dont think this beast has ever been fully tammed. This shop has been "captive" so production output was not much? Any hoot, its a play thing for me, as I feel semi-retired at 52. I just do this shit so I dont get bored, as can be clearly seen here, by me wasting my time here

Ya Ya you know, Its German..........the BEST! oh sorry Swiss,& Norwegian guys.

Reply to
Jerry

BTW. Did you try to run any of the programs I posted for you? Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

om...

.com...

ps.com...

No no, I think Heide's control is very interesting! Its a different way to program. Its,... special? Coming from the offline CNC prog. path I've been down. I see that fan blade picture on the front of the manuals & say" Hey, thats what I want to cut" Ok show me. This "Q" programming is in the back of my mind. Seems with that style, one could do alot of work with very little input. Someone wrote a Q program for a sloting opp we do. It works with a parameter file for some variables. I'm sure you know of this, but for me its new. I would like to write a Q program for our standard family of parts. Same process/tools- different variables/dims. IE: Input length,width,height,features - slap piece in vise & whahla Yer cutt'in. That kind of work is alot of what the "hobby shop" I work at does, or I should say should do. Can't beat that. Why use high end CAD/CAM when you dont need it. Its a good way to do the basics very efficiatly. To manufacture a good job/ part, you need to start with a good base, ie nicely squared block in our case. Related to CNC: 5 sides milled in one set-up. Finish everything you can top-down. Saw/mill back / finish other half & yer done. This type of thinking would be good for Heide's Q. (not Q from Startrek!)

Thanks again for your help. I suggested to my colleges that I would, in my down time, like to play around with inputing one of your examples. He did not seem to go for it? He looked at some of the code & said we dont have that cycle, blah blah blah, option on our machine? End result: dont waste your time. Ok I'm the 9mo newbie, your the 10yr veteran. Life goes on. In the mean time, I figured out the sloting cycle #? My opp was using a 1/16dia + 1/8R corner rounder around the top edge of a slot. It has a limitation that gave me a fit right off the bat. Due to Heide's thinking. You cannot use a smaller cutter rad. comp value "R" in tool table, less than 1/4 width of slot. =3D Cutter Comp Error. Because: Heide's cycle routine is : start at one end of slot, mill down the center, get to the end, swing on to outer walls & finish them. Basicaly 3 paths down the slot- with full rad at ends. If the cutter rad. was less then 1/4 slot width, you'd leave a web of material, thus not a slot. So I got that figgerd out I got the job done, by using the fin pkt cycle after pulling my hair out for 2 hrs & before understanding this simple slot routine. Apprentice work

Thanks Again Jerry,

Reply to
cncmillgil

ecifically CYCL DEF 209 TAPPING W/ CHIP BRKG but 207 or 206 floating would be a big help. I don't get an alarm, but I also don't get an tapped hole. S pindle comes down to xy then z point then the spindle looks like it release s from being engaged -it does a 1-degree wiggle- then home and done. Sans g uzinta. CNC and control do have tapping. With no alarms popping up, it must be me and it must be simple because i am simple.Regards

Reply to
sivakumar.cnc

Jerry,

I am using Creo ( Pro/E) for CAD and CAM.

I need post processor for DMG DMU 80P with Heidenhain iTNC530 controller.

Can you help me?

-- Dhinesh

Reply to
Dhinesh

I have upto 4 axis positioning post processor Itnc530

Reply to
shivakmr226

replying to Jerry, post ,please^^ itnc530 wrote: snipped-for-privacy@naver.com post ,please^^

Reply to