Matchining Paint?

Awl --
Yes indeedy, as in the matchining OF paint.
In Steve W's 12/2 response to my 12/1 thread DIY powder coating in rcm, he
sez:
You asked about spraying hot parts as well. YES you can do that and we did that a lot on HEAVY cast parts or on parts where the customer needed a specific thickness of coating for another purpose. For instance the E-One company ( http://www.eone.com/sewer_systems/intro/index.htm ) had us coating the pump housings and parts inside many of the sewage grinder pumps they built. They wanted a VERY thick coat that would then get machined flat and used as a gasketing surface. This kept all of the cast iron housing covered and made those pumps last. To give them the proper coat we would clean the parts and then pre-heat them up to cure temperature. Then spray on the powder to build up the thickness.
They picked up that trick from one of our other customers. Small outfit called GE Turbine Systems. We coated ALL of the shaft seals used on the various turbines they made for about 10 years. In that case we used a special powder that provided insulation properties for the shaft.
All very Kirk Gordon-ly. :)
--
EA, PV'd as usual, opting for effing spray paint...