ON Topic, Z-axis overcurrent

Sorry if this is a duplicate
Getting a random Z-axis Overcurrent error. (Mori Seiki, Yasnac MX2) What would cause a random overcurrent, worn brushes?? (D.C. Servo.) Errors
while idle or moving.
Any ideas, anyone?
ca
Add pictures here
✖

Was the previous reply helpful?
Add pictures here
✖

Clay, the advice you recieved from Half-Nutz is the place to start. Send the motor out to a reliable motor shop and have it rebuilt properly. Of course the servo amp may have an issue with crossfiring, but you would probably be tripping the main . Overkill would be replacing motor amp and get back to production.
I was on service a few weeks back where an overtemp alarm was being issued as soon as the machine was turned on, logically it didn't make sense. I had a spare Fanuc amp and replaced to see if the problem went away, it did.
Start with the motor if you have time . Good Luck DaveB
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 7, 12:30 pm, snipped-for-privacy@nt.org (DaveB) wrote:

overtemp is determined by the two white wires from pulsecoder, sounds like you had an intermittent contact on feedback connector, intermittent OC alarms... you should check if you have a regen ckt or a external discharge resistor, do you have a megohmeter? check the motor power leads, what is displayed on the drive?control alarm? just a few extra questions.
Add pictures here
✖