ON Topic, Z-axis overcurrent

Sorry if this is a duplicate

Getting a random Z-axis Overcurrent error. (Mori Seiki, Yasnac MX2) What would cause a random overcurrent, worn brushes?? (D.C. Servo.) Errors while idle or moving.

Any ideas, anyone?

ca

Reply to
clay

Was the previous reply helpful?

Reply to
Half-nutz

Clay, the advice you recieved from Half-Nutz is the place to start. Send the motor out to a reliable motor shop and have it rebuilt properly. Of course the servo amp may have an issue with crossfiring, but you would probably be tripping the main . Overkill would be replacing motor amp and get back to production.

I was on service a few weeks back where an overtemp alarm was being issued as soon as the machine was turned on, logically it didn't make sense. I had a spare Fanuc amp and replaced to see if the problem went away, it did.

Start with the motor if you have time . Good Luck DaveB

Reply to
DaveB

overtemp is determined by the two white wires from pulsecoder, sounds like you had an intermittent contact on feedback connector, intermittent OC alarms... you should check if you have a regen ckt or a external discharge resistor, do you have a megohmeter? check the motor power leads, what is displayed on the drive?control alarm? just a few extra questions.

Reply to
laffy43