ON topic

Getting a random Z-axis Overcurrent error. (Mori Seiki Yasnac MX2) What would cause a random overcurrent, worn brushes? (D.C Servo.) Errors while idle or moving.

Any ideas, anyone?

ca

Reply to
clay

Sometimes on an older servo, you need to have the commutators cleaned, and turned, new brushes. I've seen a system eating drives for lunch, never a single problem again, after getting the motors gone through. Most any decent motor shop could do that.

Reply to
Half-nutz

Sometimes on an older servo, you need to have the commutators cleaned, and turned, new brushes. I've seen a system eating drives for lunch, never a single problem again, after getting the motors gone through. Most any decent motor shop could do that.

=========================

Clay's shop could proly do it. A manual lathe is the easiest way. Altho you could chuck up the armature in a drillpress/BP and emory it, if not too worn. May just need to scotch brite it, blow it out with air.

It's proly what they have jb doing, as I'm sure the bosses get nervous as hell when he's around the cnc, jabbering nonsense.

Reply to
DrollTroll

Not sure about getting the commutators undercut too.. A good motor shop will know what to do.

It sure was a super fix.. More than once.

Reply to
Half-nutz

Suggest inspect / replace the brushes.

Reply to