hitachi seiki lathe error

I have been getting an error alarm 047 "nose-R compensation (over-cut)" on hitachi seiki multi control lathe when "OD rough" cutting the back side(spindle facing side) of radius .The error happens using both left or right hand turning tools. I am using a 35 degree turning tool with .015 nose radius. I can only get it to work by inputting a nose radius of 0 on the tool offset page but that is not practical for roughing. Anyone have a idea to what is causing this?

Reply to
sim59

"sim59" wrote in news:1132780249.195239.267040 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

It means that during your tool path, with the nose radius compensation you have programmed, the tool will over-cut where it should. This means that if it goes to where you told it, the insert will cut out material ahead of the programmed point due to the angle between approach and exit of the point.

PS, make sure you have your tool nose direction programmed properly

Reply to
Anthony

lx?URËnÜ0 ¼û+xÚ&@ãz_Ýn¤I?CöT ?GZK[Â?+É5?¯/eÁÚ'?"G3Ã9?z5

Reply to
Bart

It has already been input as an OD turning tool, the hitachi seiki multi does this automatically in it's auto programming cycle.

Reply to
sim59

Sorry, was thinking on the fly. How about what is defined AFTER the radius feature. The look-a-head may be kicking out the alarm and the radius is do-able, interference is encountered in ensuing characteristics? Still trying to help, Bart

Reply to
Bart