eBay madness again!

As there seems to be interest in eBay madess, take a look at this one:

I don't get it.
Chris
Reply to
Christopher Tidy
I do not get it.
I have another story.
A few weeks ago, I listed a steel attachment for a forklift that is called a "barrel lift". It is for moving barrels around with a forklift. Starting price $9.99, it did not sell.
I relisted it at the same starting price, and it sold for $54, plus a hefty shipping charge.
Ignoramus22022
Probably one or more victims of phishing expeditions have had their accounts breached, and are bidding, without their knowledge, on the item...
Christ> As there seems to be interest in eBay madess, take a look at this one: >
Reply to
Mark
We sell a lot of stuff on ebay. Lots of times, things don't sell at auction. We then raise the price, put it in the store, and sometimes it sells within 72 hours.
We have had many similar situations with items that got no bids and had no watchers, but the next week, they sold at a high price, or someone did a BIN out of the store.
Gotta love it.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
Yes... go figure...
Ignoramus22022
Hmmmm, I still have an old *can* of Pennzoil, circa 1980's vintage. I wonder how much it would go for.
Jon
Reply to
Jon Danniken
Christopher Tidy wrote On 11/23/05 13:23,:
Wow, thanks ! I've been looking for a can of that. Good price too !
Reply to
Scott Moore
That color almost matches the factory yellow on my old '73 Datsun 240Z. I kinda liked it until my girlfriend said it looked like "piss yellow". As it turned out I kept the car, not the girl. Got 160,000 miles on her before I traded up... the car that is.
Ed
Reply to
edferg
I wonder what weird radioactive stuff your girlfriend used to drink :-)?
Chris
Reply to
Christopher Tidy
Maybe, but I wonder if this is how unscrupulous conspirators "buy" their way to good eBay feedback. Put a ridiculous starting bid on some wierd junk that nobody would bid on, and you can be sure that your conspirator (or yourself, on a different email account) will be the only one to bid. This one started out at $6.66, hmmm, a curious number, I think. But, not so outrageous that someone who really wanted this paint wouldn't bid on it. Might be interesting to go back after the close and read the bid history.
Jon (just guessing, but it sure doesn't make sense)
Reply to
Jon Elson
I saw a prior can of krylon go for big $$, and so I emailed the buyer and asked him why he was willing to pay so much - it turns out he is a collector of Krylon cans, and the particular can was a rare one that he needed for his collection. On that basis, a high price makes sense, though I don't know if this particular one is rare
Reply to
don't use this address to reac
Read the buyers history of the high bidder. He has a history of buying Krylon and women's clothing, hmmm, better not go to much further with this. gary
Reply to
Gary Owens
Yeah, mighty wierd. I mean, I sort of understand the star wars figures, the beanie babies, the PEZ dispensers, etc. But, this Krylon paint stuff just leaves me scratching my head. I guess there's somebody, somewhere, collecting anything whatsoever.
Jon
Reply to
Jon Elson