Another eBay gem

Well, red rust is very fashionable, after all. Should clean up pretty well with oil and maybe a stone, but sheesh - can't the guy at least wipe it down to get the mass of rust off? Looks to be surface rust for now, but it's obviously been stored outside. Wonder how the motor is.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

David Billington

If any of you end uop buying this drill, I would like to make an offer on the rust. I'd like to mix it with wax and use it to rub out my car.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Since you all like to grin at the machine tools available on eBay, take a look at this one:

Okay, this is far from being the worst drill press ever, but I had to chuckle at the way he describes it as "like new" and "well looked after".

Enjoy!

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Anyone that can't rotate an image 90 degrees is suspect.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

That sounds like "wax on" and "wax off" (from "The Karate Kid") but all in one stroke :-)

Reply to
grassStain

I would say that the description is ironic rather than dishonest. The starting price was perfectly honest.

It also looks to be in better condition than my drill was when I picked it up from Jon Stevenson. On this one I would put the table and base on the shaper and skim 15 thou off to return them to perfect condition. On mine, I had to weld up a large number of craters and then machine the table and base flat and skim the rust off the column. I paid £65 for mine so this drill will probably reach a fair price.

Just my point of view :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Somehow, this DP reminds me of the song "seems it never rains in southern California" ...

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

"Mark Rand" wrote: I would say that the description is ironic* rather than dishonest.(clip)

*The proper term is "ferric." ;-)
Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Notice the chap's name - johnjippy

Hmmm

Reply to
Fuhh

Looks more like "rustic" :-O

Reply to
ff

Wow, titanium nitride coated table! NEAT!!!!

Reply to
Don Foreman

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!

Mark Rand (Running away and hiding in a dark place ;-) RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Don, you might want to adjust the tint on your monitor...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Hey, it displays flesh tones just fine....

Reply to
Don Foreman

OK, but how's the "glisten"? Because that's at least as important.

Reply to
Dave Hinz