Found a Good DiAcro Touchup Paint

I am attempting to restore a 12" DiAcro shear. It has the original pale yellow & dark green paint job, but a number of the yellow parts have been nicked & dinged over time. I did some poking around, and have found a really good match for the yellow paint. It's auto "scratch color" touch up paint, in a 1 oz. bottle with a brush. The brand is Plasti-Kote, and the color is designated GM 3854. Plasti-Kote is carried by quite a few auto parts stores, although I don't think too many of the big chains (Autozone, etc.) carry it. The Plasti-Kote web site has a retailer locator.

I have a model paint that might match the green, but I haven't check it out yet. The green parts are mostly in pretty good shape.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White