Found a good RC RTF article

Why look if you cannot say outright that it is an advert for your own blog,..or is it simply a co-incidence that the name on your post is the same as can be seen on the blog URL? Regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby Model & RC FAQ Web Links

A.T.
So what if it is? The real issue is the relevance. Stop attacking those who self promote on USENET. What's the difference between this kind of post and someone who blabs on about their eBay sale?
Answer: Nothing. -- Ray
Reply to
Ray Haddad
Ray, you must have not followed the link. This is totally different from someone finding relevant, good info and passing it on. At the least it needed to be pointed out he is a faker. Read it and see if you agree about this Cub. If you agree with this guy then your post is spot on. I'm interested. mk
Reply to
MJKolodziej
snipped-for-privacy@n11g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...
Definitely not the airplane I would recommend to anybody to learn to fly on. They fly OK in no wind situations, but in wind, a beginner would be having problems. There's one guy in our club that chose this plane to learn to fly on. Despite what we have suggested, he's determined to learn on this plane. All he's managed to do so far is crash a lot. So much for anti-crash technology.
Reply to
Vance
So what? He pretended to "discover" the page. It's a marketing ploy and not at all illegal. Except by those who on one hand are too pure to accept a pretense of discovering a page all the while complaining about hobby shops closing while they search for the absolute cheapest price (including shipping) for something they could have gotten locally for $1.00. In other words, it may not be YOUR preferred means of marketing but it is one that comes straight from the marketing handbooks. Would you prefer that he signed on anonymously? At least he was honest enough to not hide his identity. -- Ray
Reply to
Ray Haddad
Toemaytoe, tumahtoe, eh?
One group I frequent asks that anyone selling an item use the following formats in the subject line so all can filter as needed.
FA: For auction FS: For Sale
The Colon should be included so the filtering will be accurate. -- Ray
Reply to
Ray Haddad
The annoying part is that sellers must think that the people that read this and other newsgroups are dummies that do not know how to use the ebaY search function. I search ebaY every day with my bookmarked searches which works just fine for me.
I read this newsgroup to pick up good tips and trick from knowledgeable folks that have been in this hobby for awhile. I go elsewhere to purchase items. It seems the majority of the people that come here to post their fs/fa stuff post nothing else. Kinda like your neighbor's dog that comes in your front yard just to take a dump, then leaves...
Reply to
David Hopper
Shoot the dog. As to the newsgroups, there are a variety of reasons to read them and the biggest among them is camaraderie. Where else can you contact like minded people away from the hobby shop or the flying field? The minor annoyances one has to deal with shouldn't diminish the worth of the UESNET system. -- Ray
Reply to
Ray Haddad
I must admit there are minor annoyances that diminish the group more than non-contributing spammers. mk The OP is forgiven
Reply to
MJKolodziej
snipped-for-privacy@n11g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...
Answer: Lots.
Why?
He didn't say "Hey look at this RC RTF article I just wrote". _That_ sort of self-promotion would be like someone posting a pointer to their eBay site.
But this innocent "Oh look what I stumbled across" is just badly executed fakery: it's dishonest and stupidly so. How good of a site could it be if the author of the post is the author of the site?
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Aw, too bad. He used a marketing ploy you don't like. As I said, it's not illegal. Others do it all the time. Do you really think the advertisers on radio and TV use the products they "discover" in the aisles at the shopping center?
So is telling someone how to promote their ideas to everyone else. Your concept of "do it my way or get out of here" is just plain wrong. Let him be stupid. You have no obligation to show him that you can do it better. Yet, here you are. Doing it better.
It may be the best site ever but sadly, you will never see it. Unless. No. It couldn't be. Did you go and look? Tell the truth. -- Ray
Reply to
Ray Haddad
Good Lord, Ray, you come off as such an arrogant argumentative twit. MJK's remark:
"I must admit there are minor annoyances that diminish the group more than non-contributing spammers. mk The OP is forgiven"
was humorous to me, and I agree with that remark. Can you guess what "minor annoyances...diminish the group more than non-contributing spammers"?
:)
--- Joe
Reply to
Joe
That was MK, not Tim. But then you knew that.
Someone who continues a thread when it should die? Like Joe? Oh, never mind. You would NEVER do that. -- Ray
Reply to
Ray Haddad
No, Ray, it's someone like you that continues to chide respected participants of this newsgroup with silly arguments.
BTW, what in the heck was "That was MK, not Tim. But then you knew that." supposed to mean? Can't you read? Or is it that you can't see straight sometime? I wrote "MJK's remark:" just before the quote. Sheesh.
Also BTW, speaking of beating a dead horse, you now have SIX posts on this thread, and it appears that you cannot let the poor horse RIP.
--- Joe
Reply to
Joe
I rest my case, Joe. Remember that you are, ironically, now a major contributor to something you profess to dislike in others. -- Ray
Reply to
Ray Haddad

RIP, Ray, along with that poor dead horse you keep beating. And please stop annoying people with your inane defense of spammer.
--- Joe
Reply to
Joe

Site Timeline