found a plane

My freinds mom bought a old house to fix up. As they were remodelin

they found an old balsa plane in the attic. They new I was into plane so they called me up and gave it to me. Now I've been around RC planes for awhile but mostly foamies and I hav never built a plane from balsa wood. This plane is all balsa wood, i is even covered with thin balsa sections. I was wondering if I could put a nitro engine on it? Im not sure ho heavy it is. the wing span is around 42". My other question is how muc is it worth to an enthusiest? thank you, Stev

+------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Plane1.jpg |Download:
upsidedownburnin

The plane is a TBM or TBF Avenger Navy torpedo bomber from WWII. At 42 inches wingspan it would probably require a good .25 or .32 to fly it if it isn't too heavy. It appears to be a scratch built model, but I cannot be sure. Is it a control line model? It is missing the engine cowling and canopy as well as the rear gun turret.

upsidedownburn> My freinds mom bought a old house to fix up. As they were remodeling

Reply to
RCFlyr

Reply to
Funfly3

Thanx you both for the info.

Good observation, the control surfaces are not cut out. I was thinkin it wouldnt be to hard to cut and instal some hinges and cable. I forgo to throw the engine cowling and canopy on before the picture was taken The rear gun turret is actually molded in with the canopy and th cocpit has a balsa cover including a curved cover over the gunner seat

I guess the answer here really depends on the weight and wing surfac area. I think I have a .45 OS, would this be too big? I will tr weighing it "as is" later today.

I have a 16/15/3 mega motor, would this work in this plane

-- upsidedownburni

this thread:

upsidedownburnin