RBC delta 400 kit ...... HELP NEEDED!

Hi,

I just bought a RBC delta 400 kit. The instructions for building this plane are not very clear. Anybody out there who has built this plane and who can give advice to me (or maybe send some pictures?

Thanks a lot!!

Reply to
marion.ben

is your friend. I am fairly suere that build has been covered in detail somewhere - ask around.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

How did you make out with the construction...there is a colorful building manual online atthe

site ...I have one comin next week ...looks like a fun project..!

Bil

-- retiredVT

----------------------------------------------------------------------- retiredVTT's Profile:

this thread:

retiredVTT

Just ordered one myself after reading these posts.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Thank goodness for the online instructions at the RBC site ...'cause th

stuff that is written on the plan leaves a lot to be desired ...

I did my servo installation differently as I don't like burying th servos in the wing with no way to service them..!

The front former, F1 I believe it is, should be made from thin pl ...it has a slot in it for the hatch tab to fit into and since it' balsa, it breaks at the tab slot...I doubled mine up with 1/32" pl after breaking it ...

I put a 400XT outrunner in mine and had planed to use a little 12 am esc...but when I went to use it, I found it defective so grabbed an 1 amp Hacker and of course it won't fit where the 12 amp was to go, so had to sort of tye wrap it in to get the maiden done tomorrow...

here are some pics..

Bil

retiredVTT

I know its about a year later, but how did the maiden go? I have one of these kits that I am planning to build very soon and I just happened to acquire one of these 400XT motors. Did you use Lipos? Just finished an MAE Nemesis II (flies great!) and am ready for my next build.

Reply to
Fubar-One