Bingo (kit)

Hello, I recently bought a older gentleman's airplane lot, and he had a kit called the Bingo. I am about to wrap up the building process and was wondering if any of you guys have seen this plane fly or maybe have flown it. What is the best engine size for the plane. The plane appears to be a .40 to .60 size. There is a lot of ply in the plane and I am a bit concerned about the overall weight when finished. Thanks for any comments or suggestions. Brad

Reply to
Brad

As I recollect there were three sizes of this airplane 40 - 60 - 120. I had the 120, but I'm sure they all fly about the same. If this is your first airplane, it's prolly too much. If this is your 2nd - 3rd - 4th, you'll like it. If you are a more advanced flyer, you'll get bored real quick.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Minger

I have been flying the bingo 60 for 2 yrs now.great flying plane.Don't worry about all the ply;still isn't heavy.i've been flying mine with an mvvs61.plenty of power.be sure to put droop into both ailerons when setting up.try about 1/8 droop.Really helps plane settle in for a nice slow landing. Be sure to use epoxy to hold stab on.Mine came off this week in flight.busted up nose but is repairable.

ken.

Reply to
Kroflite54

On 9/28/2004 9:43 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

I recently built a Bingo from plans. The plans called for a K&B 65. I have it powered with a Saito 72. According to the plans, I felt the plane was "overbuilt". I did make some modifications as follows:

  1. Used 3/32" balsa instead of 1/8" for the ribs and added lightening holes.
  2. Made some "balsa ply" (1/32", 1/16", 1/32") and used that for the fuselage formers from the trailing edge of the wing back.
  3. Used balsa ply in the rear part of the fuselage. I did use some regular light ply where the tail wheel bolts/screws in.
  4. Added some lightening holes to the rear part of the fuselage on the sides.
  5. I fiberglassed the center of the wing using one layer of 2 oz fiberglass.

The plane flies very similar to a 4*

I would not be overly concerned about the overall weight. If yours is the 60 size, it was designed to fly on a bushed bearing 60 - 65 engine. A modern ball bearing 46 2 stroke engine puts out the equivalent power of the old 60 size bushed bearing engines.

I think you will like the plane. It is a nice aerobatic trainer (2nd or

3rd type plane ) and (at least mine ) has no bad habits.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Mine is 13 years old and still flies great. Is it heavy, yes, but it was built to last. Great on windy days with less than perfect landings. Mine is powered by a OS 91 Four Stroke, great for the smallish fuel tank you are forced to use. Finish it and go fly, don't worry about that extra weight.

Reply to
Charles D. Wolf

Reply to
Brad

Reply to
Brad

Reply to
Brad

Years ago, I had a Bingo powered by an ST .75. It flew great. A .90 would add some vertical, possibly with hover capability, without making the plane nose heavy at all.

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge