Lipo chargers - Red Scholfield

Hi Red,

I thought you might find this link interesting.

I'd be very interested in your comments. My email is "ahorne1 AT comcast dot net" if you would like to send an email (change the obvious).

Thanks,

Art

Reply to
Art K6KFH

Checked the tread - 6 pages. What specifically was your question? I did get the impression from what I read in the thread that there is a bit of vaporware being discussed as well as some statements that indicate the writer doesn't have a clue regarding batteries and charge requirements.

This one caught my eye during my brief scan.

hall woo Mortadella, No Baloney Location: San Jose Ca / RSA flyer I would like to see a charger with adjustable RESTING VOLTAGE output like the Astro 109 scheme so I can also charge NIMHs at 14.5V (10 cell),

13.05V )(9 cell), and 11.6V (8 cell)

He obviously doesn't know the difference that some battery systems are constant potential and others are constant current (constant voltage or "resting voltage" can result in thermal runaway in Ni systems).

Red S. Red's R/C Battery Clinic

us out for "revolting" information.

Reply to
Red Scholefield