Which prop takes more amps?

If everything else is equal which prop takes more amps, 10:6 or 11:4.7 ??? My local Hobby Towne does not carry the GWS 1060 prop so I bought some 1147 props instead. Until I can get a prop saver I prefer to use relatively weak props that will break instead of breaking my gearbox and bending its shaft.

Reply to
Peter Olcott

I guess your are looking for Amp draw, which I don't know.

One point landings bend shafts, I've bent shafts with prop savers. The saver is good for light contact with stuff. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

A guesstimate can be quickly computed. From this link:

If you consider the equation Power = K * Dia^4 * Pitch * RPM^3 and keep the voltage and RPM constant, the 11x4.7 draws 14.7% more current than the 10x6. However, RPMs are likely to change when you change the load, so the difference will probably be less than that.

Bottom line: probably not a big difference in current draw. The 10x6 will go faster, the 11x4.7 will provide more thrust.

Would be interesting to compare this guesstimate with actual motor data...

Also take a look at this link:

- Angel

Reply to
Angel Abusleme

I read up on the aero dynamics of propellers today, and it said that less pitch means more RPM, thus I must be careful not to burn up my 400 speed motor on a 9.6 volt battery.

Reply to
Peter Olcott