Which Magazine gives you more?

I used to read both Model Railroader and Railroad Model Craftsmen, but that was back in the late 60s and early 70s. I used to like RMC better back then.

Which one gives the better information these days?

Reply to
wannand

I prefer Model railroader over RMC, maybe it's just a random preference, but I think they give more diverse information and a broader interest area with each issue. Now if I could just get a subscription heh

Thanks

Brandon

Reply to
N2trains

RMC for sure. They average more about real model railroading subjects and have a lot less fluff than MR.

JB

Reply to
JBortle

Actually, back when Schleicher (sp) was the editor, there was quite a bit on old stuff. When he left so did my subscription :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 04:07:38 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (JBortle) wrote: 2000

Agreed

Reply to
Ernie Fisch

Roger,

I have to agree. The 'old' RMC before Tony was a real mess - miss-numbered pages, articles that said go to page 56 and there was nothing there on page 56 to do with the original article. Things started to get better with Jim Boyd, and the 'golden era' of RMC was with Tony as the editor. The present RMC is 'OK'; the 'Essential Freight Cars' series is good. One of the problems with publications is that there is so much out there now. Back in the 60's we had MR & RMC. Now we have at least 2 other magaines in North America, and lots of very good SIG/Historical group publications. I still buy MR and RMC every month, but I look through the others to see if there is something I could use.

Jim Bernier

"Roger T." wrote:

Reply to
Jim Bernier

Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette is my favorite modeling magazine. Railpace, for prototype news.

Reply to
Corelane