P-6 Prop question

Need help figuring out the size of the prop on a P-6E.

Here's my problem: I've got 4 of the Mono 1/72 P-6E. One is missing the prop. Fine - I'll get metal ones and replace all 4. I measured it did the math and came out to some ridiculous number under 8'. I figured that this was wrong, but had no other source and I did look. I went to Aeroclub and looked through thier metal props. The HS 3 blade props started at 9' 6" and went up from there. The 11' was listed as "for many prewar aircraft". It was the closest description I could find.

Lo and behold they arrived and they appear to long. I may just use them so they all match or order the 9' 6" ones (they are cheap enough) or maybe just build three and keep the fourth for spares.

So is there a good reference on prop use, it seems the most damnably difficult bit of info to get. Stuck out there for all to see, yet try and find a reference that tells the brand and size!

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Wylam Drawings show a 3 bladed Hamilton Standard prop with a 7' 9" diameter.

Jack G.

Reply to
Jack G

This may be a gonzo solution: but does AeroClub have something close to a

16 foot prop, in their vast range of 1/144th scale stuff?
Reply to
Greg Heilers

"Jack G" wrote in news:PluXd.60299$uc.34991@trnddc03:

Egad! The Mono kit IS accurate!