EE Lightning Camoflage

Hi, does anyone know the exact colour used for the Lighnings based in Germany in the 70s and 80s? I have been scratching around for a while trying to find the correct shade of green, but have had no luck so far.

Cheers,

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hall

"Dave Hall" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

dark Green Bs.641 (Humbrol.163).

Reply to
hannes

Many thanks

Reply to
Dave Hall

The uppersurface colours were the standard RAF Dark Green and Dark Sea Grey. Xtracrylix XA1001 and XA1004 respectively are excellent matches for these colours. Be aware that although the standard undersurface colour at the time was Light Aircraft Grey, the undersurfaces of Lightnings were usually natural metal.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Not for Germany-based Lightning F.2As - these were dark green on the upper surfaces only.

HTH,

Andre

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek

That's correct! I forgot about those - it was a *long* time ago...!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix