Typhoon colours

Hi all,

does anyone know the exact colours used on the RAF's Typhoons? Is it the standard Barley Grey or another colour?

Cheers, Dave

Reply to
Sally Warburton

What year? Invasion stripes or not? Here are some paint schemes using Model Master colors listed

willshak

listed

Sorry about the missing space in the one link.

willshak

listed

LOL Not *that* Typhoon, Bill... The new Eurofighter one...

As far as I am aware, Dave, the colour scheme is the same as that for the Tornado F3. Uppersurfaces are Barley Grey, lowersurfaces are Light Aircraft Grey.

Camouflage Grey and Dark Camouflage Grey are only used by the air-ground fleet. Typhoon is currently tasked with air-air (when they can coax it up off the deck, that is!).

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

According to the instructions on the Revell Eurofighter trainer it is one colour overall...........Unfortunately I can't quote a Bsc or RAL number because it gives you Revell paint numbers and the ratio to mix them !....... (Grey Matt 57 and Light green Matt 55 in the ratio of 67% to 33%) ..........hope this helped tho it probably didn't !

Regards Simon

Reply to
SiG

Pic of RAF Typhoon posted on Binaries site.........Certainly looks like one overall colour

Simon

Reply to
SiG

Bills alike here. I thought that's what he was asking about too.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-modeller

One would think they'd gotten past that proprietariness by now. I can remember when Heller would pull the same tricks.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-modeller

It's that Verlinden way thing again.