Which is more feasable?

I can get aluminium cheaper by the sheet at the local steel supplier. Now, I currently have a Hypertherm 1250 I use for doodling in 1" plate, BUT, I'm trying to decide between a Miller 375 plasma cutter and the little one with a built in compressor. The 125c has a 12 amp output and a built in compressor and will run on 115v (they'll give you an extension cord if you want to say, use a portaband, and save the 20.00 a cut fees). The 375 has a 1:1 current ratio on 115v, weighs the same as the 125c, and I can run it off my :)modified:) 60lb 2500 watt generator and get twice the current out. This should cut 4X faster than the 125c given the same thickness (1/8") of aluminum. I currently use scuba tanks with a modified O2 regulator for air for the Hypertherm. @

3.00 for 80 cu/ft, I don't have to have a monster compressor running while I cut. I think that a 60lb generator blaring, a 60lb plasma cutter, and a scuba tank might be a little much for two 48" cuts on 1/8" aluminum. But will the 125c be any less unwieldy given its reduced power output?
Reply to
Ben Woodward

It looks like Hypertherm has a similar model too. That may be the way to go.

Reply to
Ben Woodward