Re: Need Plans??

Richard,

I saw you request for the Sportee 40 plans or instruction manual on RC Groups. I'm looking for the same thing! I have acquired a partially built kit, but I need the manual in order to finish it. Did you ever find one? If so, would you be willing to sell me a photocopy? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Patrick

Reply to
yopatty_band

It seems there is a glory hole of part built Sportee 40's about, but my need is for a wing plan if I can get one quick. I am not a RC buff but my Nephew is and today I bought a box from a market for a fiver and when I got home and checked it....No Wings. Doh! He is coming to see me this Good Friday and searching the net desperately I found this likely site for help. Question 1/Do you modellers think my Nephew could design his own wings should he want to? He is pretty good at this sort of thing. Question2/ There seem to be a lot of similar models to this about.Has anyone ever transferred wings from one model plane to another with success? I am a retired Railway fan in the UK but I did work for the Post Office which I believe in the States means I could be a little loco,how about that?

Reply to
Old Limey

Does the fuselage have a space where the wing "sits" ?

If yes, that will give you one half of the wing foil.

The easiest wing to make is a "Hershey Bar" type. All ribs the same shape.

Maybe yopatty can help here, if he has a partially built one ?

With a little bit of work, you can always transfer a wing. All depends on the fuse length and weight of the plane

-- indoruwe

----------------------------------------------------------------------- indoruwet's Profile:

this thread:

indoruwet

Thanks, yes there is an open wing area built into the underside of the fuselage. What I will do is let him see your comments on line when he arrives on Friday.Meanwhile I have been enjoying the videos of various models on this site and if I do not watch out I might get hooked. I have seen flying lawnmowers and other Dick Dastardly types in the past built by the way out people but I do not think I have seen a flying Locomotive yet. The B17 trio video was good and the warbirds too. I believe my Nephew is very keen on A6 Harvards and ME109's. So far I have established wing span for this Sportee 40 thanks to this forum.Thats a start. Like the block of granite converted into the Venus de Milo ,Its in there (A block of Balsa wood?) waiting to be released.This model has no wings,Venus, no arms so....

Going back to flying Locomotives,I believe I saw a programme on TV a little while back when either a Galaxy or Antonov Giant carried one easily.

Thanks again

Reply to
Old Limey

Hi I too have come across one of these kits. I am also missing the plans, the only thing I am having trouble with is the thrust angle. Can someone measure there?s and let me know so I know were to glue my motor mounts, and were to cut the hole for my nose thanks.

Reply to
Ultra Boom

Hi Ultra Boom,

I was able to find plans a while ago. I'd be happy to photocopy the sections that you need and mail them to you. What is your address?

Patrick

Reply to
patrickgw

here's a couple scans... thrust is 0-0...no up/down/left or right

I wish I could run across one of these old kits...virgin or partially buil. I had a battery failure that toasted mine. Just about have the worktable que cleared for starting a scratch build/rebuild of it. It was a sweet flying plane!!

frets24