Tower Kaos 40 Plans?

Anyone have a set of these that they don't need? I need to build a fuselage.

TIA,

CR

Reply to
Charle & Peggy Robinson

I know you'd probably rather build the replacement yourself, but:

Ed

Reply to
Ed Paasch

Thanks Ed,

I knew this was available. It contains a bunch of stuff that I don't need. A fellow club member has a NIB kit that he'll sell me for the price of the ARF fuse. I just thought that if I can get the plans I can build a better fuse than that in the ARF.

Has anyone built the kit? Are there better materials in it than in the ARF?

TIA,

CR

Ed Paasch wrote:

Reply to
Charle & Peggy Robinson

What is wrong with the stock ARF fuselage, other than it is really a Super Kaos design? Just curious.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

The fuse sides are made from very thin balsa laminated to a thin lite ply skeleton. The top and bottom are thin sheeting over small cross-section longerons. If you crash it, it disintegrates to the point that it's tough to piece it back together. Ask me how I know! ;^)

If I had the fuse plan I'd make a new one from 3/32" balsa, doubled from the wing saddle forward. I'd also get rid of the mild steel pushrods. As it is, I can fix it but I think I can build a better one.

Regards,

CR

Ed Cregger wrote:

Reply to
Charle & Peggy Robinson

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't aware of the thin fuselage sides, etc. I have two of them NIB in the garage. Gotta get busy and put one of them together.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

You won't regret it. It's a good flying model. I just let the bottom end of a stall turn get too close to the ground. :-(

CR

Ed Cregger wrote:

Reply to
Charle & Peggy Robinson

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 20:22:52 -0500, Charle & Peggy Robinson wrote in :

Take measurements from the pieces you have left, draw lines for any missing pieces, and start cutting and pasting stuff to glue into place.

It's a little tougher than working from plans, but it can be done. Your fuselage may look a little different from the original, but it's YOURS, all yours.

Don't ask me how I know about rebuilding fuselages. :o(

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ