Yipppeeee Found the right paint...

Went to Hobbytown USA last week and found the hair close to the Japanese Mitsubishi Interior Green. It was a bottle of RLM 67 Dark Olive Green. When I painted the interior of it, it looked more faded and it is the right one.

I compared it with he Interior Green but it was more lighter and I can say. I am happy with it.

Cheers, William

Reply to
William L. Powell

What brand was it?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Anyone who uses STOCK Bottled Paint is a moron! A REAL modeller mixes his own colors to exacting specs!

ProMedeller#33393

Reply to
DDSD

Tosser! A REAL MODELLER (tm) kills and buries his own dinosaurs, uses heat and pressure to change their chemical composition, then digs them up and processes them to make his own oil, then cracks that into it's various compounds and makes his own plastic to inject into the moulds that he has made from the steel he refined from the ore he dug up. He also uses said steel to make his own tools and ALL the pipework for the refinery referred to above. The cracked oil is also used as a basis for the PAINT he will make and mix from other organic compounds that he recovers from the earth's crust. After doing all that, killing a few sable and cutting down a tree or two to make his own brushes should be a piece of piss!

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Nonsense. REAL modellers don't use plastic at all. They build their models out of wood (from trees they cut down themselves) or brass (which they make themselves, using copper and tin from their own mines).

Reply to
Joe Jefferson

damn, i keep getting these really hard, brillant glassy things. no use for them at all. what am i doing wrong?

Uh, can we stay on the subject?

It does not mean every modeler has to mix paints. Everyone of you do not understand. There are some folks out there wants to buy paints for the right color. But for you folks that like to mix them, thats your problem. You are use to it. For me, I'm not.

Please understand my situation as you would as others...

William

Reply to
William L. Powell

Stay on subject? Here on RMS? You've gotta be kidding... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

It must be the time of year for the ghost of Merryman to re-appear......

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I think you misunderstand.

Even when a specific color is called for on a spec sheet, the actual color applied will often be different. Sometimes significantly. What was being pointed out is that you dont have to get anal about getting an *exact* color match.

Reply to
AM

I agree, but of course not being anal about it. I am just saying that folks that cannot mix paints can get them in bottles that are mixed.

Reply to
William L. Powell

Not being a real modeller how would you know. Never mind I just realized you use bottled paint and you know what you are.

Dave

Reply to
HobbyOasis

Poppycock! Real modelers break into museums Tom Cruise/MI style and scrape the correct paint directly from vintage aircraft and armor. Intermediates use the chips to mix new paint, advanced modelers possess the skill and know know-how to glue the chips directly in place. ;-)

WmB

Reply to
WmB

mumbled something incoherently, which resulted in....

Reply to
Steve Collins

gee, that's what she said.

It weren't me, fellas. No chance of me having anything brilliant...

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg