Tamiya Centaur - Color Advice Needed Please

I've just bought a Tamiya Centaur, mostly because it looked an interesting subject.

I should say that I'm not an expert modeller - I build out of the box, using off-the-shelf paints with basic weathering and highlighting etc.

One immediate thought is the color suggested by Tamiya

The instructions say

"In 1944, the British changed the color of tanks from Khaki Brown No. 2 to Olive Drab No. 15. Most tanks were re-painted prior to Normandy, with the exception of the RMASG. The Khaki color can be recreated with Tamiya Flat Earth (XF-52)"

I happen to have a pot of XF-52 already and it seems far to dark compared with the box art. It's more like the color used in RAF Green\Brown camoflage.

The box art is significantly lighter, more like Tamiya Desert Yellow (XF-59).

Could anyone comment and suggest the most appropriate color - I'd like to avoid mixing if at all possible.

In the UK I can most easily get hold of the following paints

Humbrol Tamiya Revell

Many thanks,

Nigel

p.s. It took great restraint to spell COLOUR as COLOR : )

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4578 (20091106) __________

Nigel Heather the-heathers.co.uk>

Nigel Heather the-heathers.co.uk> I've just bought a Tamiya Centaur, mostly because it looked an interesting

Me too and it's not supposed to be that way. Noah Webster is spinning in his grave.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak

On Nov 6, 8:41=A0am, "Nigel Heather the-heathers.co.uk>" I've just bought a Tamiya Centaur, mostly because it looked an interestin= g

ure database 4578 (20091106) __________

Hello there.

Be *VERY* careful in trusting any *BOX ART* for proper *COLOUR*.

*COLOURS* on box art can shift due to many reasons and can be grossly inaccurate. I'd be more inclined to trust the called out colour(s) in the instructions rather than the colour on the box art.

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
Master Gunner