Re: Olive Green Gloss Paint ? Does it exist.

The Aussie army where I served used to use a gloss olive green for it's Ford utility vehicles. Sort of similar colour to the old Landrovers that were about back then. Was probably mixed up like any other car paint by getting the paint shop to add colour to the can.

See your local car paint shop and they could mix you up a can of enamel with whatever colour you would like. Just take a sample and they can generally match anything, even if the sample is matt and you want gloss.

Hope this helps, Peter

You know why the rice bubbles that are at the top of the bowl dry out faster than the ones on the bottom when you get too lazy to do the dishes? You know the ones that you have to chip off with a cold chisel after a couple of days?

It's because they are closer to the sun!

See there's a little bit of science in every post!

Reply to
Bushy

It's stretching it a bit for models, but I used to have some Imron Gloss Olive. The USAR's U-8 & U-3 were paited with it at my local airport. I also had some spray cans of Gloss Olive enamel. Yes, it exists. Why not just use flat & gloss coat it tho?

Reply to
famvburg

That's what I did with a model of Marine One. Glosscoat, dried for several days, then Future. Came out great.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

A couple years ago, there was an article in SAE where a '70 Camaro was painted Model Master Olive Drab and glosscoated as it was real close to a GM color of the time. While I wouldn't have purchased a 1:1 scale vehicle with that color, the paint job looked great on the model. I'd go that route as well.

Frank Kranick IPMS/USA 20352

Maiesm72 wrote:

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Gunze Olive Drab and Kawasaki Green are listed as SG - Semi-Gloss. Overpaint with clear gloss if it's not shiny enough.

Reply to
Norman Lever

One word. Xtracolor.

Reply to
Drewe Manton

Rarely found on this side of the pond, alas. I remember the little Testors bottles had a gloss olive but that was back in the Stone Age.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Bill Banaszak waxed lyrical news:3F860E3E.AB1C5B90 @verizon.net:

Fair enough, but I was merely pointing out that what he wanted *IS* available. About 95% of my paint is bought by mail order anyway Bill, so I just presume that's how everyone buys it!(what, you mean you have a SHOP you can go to?!?!? Wow! How does that work then?) ;)

Reply to
Drewe Manton

Some of the US mail order stockists do carry Xtracolor, but they rarely maintain the full range.

And if you buy it from the source, you have to buy a kit as well.

Plus, US buyers have a minimum order.

On a completely different note: Drewe, your Topgun A-4 (finished with Gekko Graphicc decals) was sweet!

Regards,

Scott G. Welch

Reply to
OSWELCH

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (OSWELCH) waxed lyrical news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m06.aol.com:

Yeah, I was pretty happy with it! Those Gekko Graphics decals come highly recommended. . .

Reply to
Drewe Manton

Flat Olive Green + gloss coat.

Reply to
[SM04]Serge D. Grun

We USED to have a shop here that handled Testors Model master enamels but currently we only have acrylics available. To get Humbrol's requires a 60 mile drive at least. Yeah, I have to order my paints through the mail now.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak