Green Paint for Manchester Rapidor saw?

I have a good Manchester Rapidor power hacksaw, and I would like to make it even better with a lick of paint. Trouble is I can't find a
source of matching green hammer paint. The Hammerite brand stuff from the DIY barns comes in two shades, neither of which is even close. The right colour is more like Myford green. Anyone got a suggestion for a supplier? Don't suggest Myfords - a small tin from them would cost 20 including postage!
TIA
Mike
snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net wrote:

Try your local farm suppliers, and get some tractor paint. Comes in loads on nice shades of green.... Probably about the same cost as a tin of Myfords, but at least you have enough to paint a few tractors with.
Joules
snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net wrote:

They seem to cut just the same regardless what colour you paint them ! I am surprised they had a hammer finish, I saw no sign of that on mine. There was a horrible lime green paint in places, rust in other places, and overspray in red oxide paint on others. I bought some heavy green tractor paint (Bradite) from a steam fair and did it in that. It looks pretty good IMHO, and I reckon that what sticks to a tractor is probably good for other machinery.
Modern DIY stuff can no longer be thinned with white spirit, I don't know if that is significant in terms of oil resistance, it may just be a cunning way to make you buy special thinners (hammerite is the same). Also on this modern stuff you find it says on the tin not to mix them to get the shade you want - which is exactly what I want to do today, to try and match some grey paint on a lathe by tweaking some tractor paint I bought yesterady (Carbotrak).
Steve
On 27 May, 09:25, snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net wrote:

my rapidor has never been painted ...still in the original colours which is grey with red highlights on the lettering and red in the swarf tray.
all the best..mark
mark wrote:

I have a collection of pictures of Rapidor's I had forgotten about. Before I bought mine I was looking for a while and put all the images to one side - most are low res from eBay adverts.
Looking through them I would say most were grey, some were light green - and many are so grubby its hard to tell. There's lots of variation in motor location, types of pulley wheel and guards, and places for the electrics. Certainly one or two have the lettering picked out in red, but most didn't. Of course, after the war loads of things were grey, there was a lot of grey paint about - but it wasn't hammer finish.
Steve

Thanks to all who replied.
My machine, a pretty late model Rapidor Major, is definitely in its original paint, and it's definitely light green hammered finish. The lettering on the frame is picked out in red, and the tray is cream. Since the paint is generally pretty good, all I want to do is touch up a few small damaged areas.
So to come back to my original request, does anyone know of a source of green hammer finish paint (in small quantity) other than Hammerite?
Thanks
Mike
snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net writes snip

I have mixed Hammerite paints OK. -maybe worth experimenting.
--
Chris Holford