Help with a Rapidor Power Hacksaw

Greetings all
Have just acquired a Rapidor saw. The old motor really sounds dreadfull and is on its last legs. Its single phase and plated as 0.5 horsepower and is
clearly not original. Does this sound powerfull enough
Many thanks
Bill

what are you cutting? check the brushes first. and the bearings. might just need a tune up.
Thanks The machine will be used to cut mild steel up to say 3" diameter I think the problem lies with the bearings, but as I have nothing to loose I will strip the motor down and check.
Bill
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

those are easy to repack or replace.
motor stripped and bearings repacked. The rear of the armature is a sloppy fit in the bearing and may be turning in rather than with the bearing. The front is little better and the bearing O.D. is a sloppy fit in the front housing.
Things will have to wait till I sort out the rest of the machine. The current problem is to get the drive shaft dismantled as I need to make a new crank arm. The existing one has been welded up and is out of true causing excessive wear to the shaft and the two crank pins
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

can you shim and center line the drive? also check and see if the armature is out of round. i've had egg shaped ones that made the shaft wobble. great for special effects.
Thanks
Ive taken the bearings out and they are rough. According to my lists they are inexpensive so I will replace them and see if that solves the problem. I will use a drop of bearing retainer to keep them in place.
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

coolness
Many thanks
bearings replaced with lots of bearing retainer to take up the slack. Motor runs well and sounds good. Job done.
Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

excellent. if maintained, motors can lost a long time. the brushless ones should be good for years of non stop labor. good job.
replying to BillB via ModelGeeks.com, Trevor wrote: Have just replaced the motor on my rapidor for a single phase. Need to dispose of the geared, 3 phase original motor in good working order, any suggestions?.