Diacro Press Brake Specs

Hi, Can anyone tell me what a Diacro 16-24 Press Brake (hand operated) weighs in at? Thanks

--Max

Reply to
Max Krippler

I don't know about that, but the finger brake (probably a similar weight) has the following listed as the shipping weight for 24" and 36" ones:

24" 352 lbs 36" 470 lbs

At the time I downloaded the manuals from the DiAcro site, the press brake was not included in the list of tool manuals and papers. And now, there is even less to be found at their site.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Geezus... no wonder I had trouble wrestling mine up onto the bench...

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

I seriously doubt that it's "a similar weight" to their finger break!!! The thing is a completely different animal. Here's a link to their manual.

It's surprising that they don't have the machines specs in the manual. Whoever posted it must have left that out...

Reply to
Planet10

=A0Whoever posted it must have left that out...

Agreed. It looks lik the press brake has way more iron than the finger brake.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Wow! A *lot* more weight. I had a mental image of a hydraulic H-frame press used as a press brake -- or perhaps one with leverage similar to that on the 24" finger brake but still a H-frame construction.

Thie is a *lot* of metal. I presume that the name implies that you can get ones capable of bending a 16" length, or a 24" length, and based on the tables of force needed for various thicknesses, it may be

*much* more capable.

I am indeed surprised -- there is a lot left out. Looks like it is from 2002 -- so fairly recent.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols