Another Aldo ?

Spotted this ad on ebay ... are these vans really that rare?

-- potter55(at)ntlworld.com

Dave Potter

8

I can speak for the VDA vans as I have a couple of them... not exactly commonplace, but not rare either! Anyone wanting one could do worse than this:

The £75 Buy It Now price on the 4 vans is a complete rip-off though, IMO. I suspect his 631 feedback rating has come about through a large number of gullible customers!

--

***
*** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk)

8

They are quite rare but not that rare, a promotional novelty item produced especially for Railfreight by Hornby.

There was also the (IMHO much more attractive) Think Tank based on the TTA model (I have one, paid about a tenner for it!) Some surplus ones where distributed amongest the trade IIRC by Hornby afterwards.

There is an auction for a boxed van and Think Tank here:

Currently £7.99 and no reserve - much better value in my opinion!

Regards John M Upton

My Fotopic Collections: South Central Multiple Units's

Bus Pics:

jmu2000

I had one of these VDA vans too - thought it silly having an advert painted on the roof - so I repainted it. Still, not to worry, wouldn't sell it anyways, painted or not.

-- potter55(at)ntlworld.com

8

Reply to
Dave Potter

> 8

35&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

Hi all,

what you don't see very often though is the long wb open with four dice in it, each dice has a six on each side.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Stevenson

Aldo has another auction running.... but I didnt think Bachmann's Deltics were that rare???

John Ruddy

Haven't we seen this one before? I wonder if "classicsales", who has placed the one and only bid for £70, could possibly be a friend of "aldo1080"?

Reply to
MartinS

Which makes the single bid of £70 look even more suspicious....

Reply to
MartinS

Easy way to find out if "classicsales" has won a lot of aldo's auctions....

Reply to
John Ruddy

Or perhaps kick-started the bidding?

Reply to
MartinS

I dont know, but he paid £30 a few weeks back for an Everton shirt signed by Wayne Rooney, so he must be a pretty dodgy character ;-)

Reply to
Jon

Signed with a big "X"? (I only know Rooney from his depiction on 2DTV.)

Reply to
MartinS

That's less than a new one so what do you make of that!

Reply to
Simon Harding

"Classicsales" also bought into a matrix scheme to get a 19" flat screen monitor for £2.50, so he obviously has a warped sense of a good deal.

Reply to
Mike Bilton

Sorry.

Another poor attempt at sarcasm from a Liverpool supporter has failed miserably.

Reply to
Jon