Ebay sillyness in boxes.....

A day of Ebay sillyness with boxes today....

How about an EMPTY box for £65 anyone?

Ok, maybe not, then how about a completely sealed box apparently never opened:

Well at least it contains something - could make an intersting plot idea for the next series of 'Hustle' that last one!

Collectors - I don't know! Just weather and run the things on the track like they where supposed to will you!

Regards John M Upton

My Fotopic Collections: Rail Pics:

Bus Pics:

jmu2000

74&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWA:IT

1&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWA:IT

Reply to
Jon

"jmu2000" wrote

74&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWA:IT

If I'd got an unboxed Hornby Dublo emu trailer car I'd pay more than the current £21 bid for an original box. Bear in mind that the trailer is probably worth up to £150 without its box and maybe £225-250 with it!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I'd really like to use that price as evidence there are a lot of modellers out there obsessed with LMR electrics and bumping up the price (and therefore supporting my manic desire for an RTR Oerlikon set), but I'm not certain. That said I can see the price of the Triang SR type falling were we to get a new 2-BIL or 4-SUB model. I like the Dublo model but it's just too expensive

- time for the DC Kits option.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Dickerson

Is that necessarily the case? The new Hornby Bulleid pacifics are the best versions of these locos ever seen, and knock spots off the H-D, Wrenn and early Hornby both in terms of detail and running qualities. I have yet to see the price of the Wrenn and H-D pacifics drop. I am sure I saw a Wrenn Bulleid reach £600 on ebay recently.

Reply to
John Ruddy

"Mark Dickerson" wrote

There's such a relatively small following for Tri-ang (compared with Hornby Dublo) that their EMU has never got really expensive here in the north and you can still (occasionally) pick up an nice two-car set for less than I expect Hornby would ask for a new re-issue.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I think it's true at the lower end - Dublo 4MT tanks seem a lot cheaper now there's a Bachmann model. Moreso if (as John Turner says) the Triang market is smaller. All those Dublo EMUs *might* be getting renumbered and resprayed, but I think the investment value or rarity may be a little more important to the owners.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Dickerson

I had a trailer in my hands about 5 years back for £8 at an antiques market. Oh well, figures crossed for something RTR.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Dickerson