Weathered!! That's putting it mildly!!!

Take a look at the muck on these "weathered" Class 37's on Ebay!!

I take it being able to see out of the windows is not a priority then.....

And yes its out old friend Aldo again! A quick flick through his feedback (which I do whenever I need a laugh) reveals another SEVEN negs in the last month alone!

Regards John M Upton

My Fotopic Collections: South Central/Southern, Model Railway & Other Rail Pictures:

Bus Pics:

JMUpton2000

Looks more like it's been dropped in a can of undercoat. Is this guy serious? Even calls them 55's at one point, mind you it is hard to make out what they are with all that "weathering"!

Reply to
gitfinger

That is probably the idea. All he has done is masked a previous rubbish paint job which is why he probably bought it for 75p at a boot sale, and can guarantee selling it as a 'unique' item for many times that amount until all the idiots have run out of money.

Reply to
crazy_horse_12002

I like this one

He's got a picture of a very nice goods shed with a buy it now price of £29.99

But look further down and it's actually much smaller if you look at the second picture and read the description carefully

sneaky

Reply to
%%stu%%

Its this groups favaourite wart , ALDO1080 again --- Treat with extreme care!!!!...

Reply to
turbo

On 08/05/2005 00:31, JMUpton2000 wrote,

Ah - so that's how you do weathering! Get a tin of red oxide and drop the model in it. Dunno why people think it's a black art :-)

What puzzles me is that despite appalling feedback, people still buy from this conman. Why????

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Peco Manyways Series LK-80, available retail under £20. E.g., £17.08 from

MartinS

Should we all bid for things and then not pay and then put negative feedback on his response?

James

Reply to
James S

Paul, it's funny that you should ask that, because what puzzles me is how comes so many people give him positive, in fact, glowing, feedback. It's almost like there are two separate sets of things going on at once. Perhaps Aldo has a split personality, with one persona running sensible, honest auctions, and the other persona being the Aldo we all know and love!

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

Maybe some of them are Aldo's alter egos!

Reply to
MartinS

"MartinS" wrote

Or his close family?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

i did toy with the idea of placing a bid and if winning then saying i would collect from torbay and could i see it running before cash payment?

just out of curisity you understand

and also if everyone put in a high bid on everything and then refused to pay the listing/selling fees would sting a bit!!!

Reply to
%%stu%%