Hornby News

Hornby have now sold out of their weathered blue class 31 and are to produce a further batch with the TOPS number 31174 (in June I believe). Sadly this new release will also be weathered. RRP remains at £89.99.

There is also to be an additional (1100 pieces limited edition) green class

08 shunter exclusive to Collector's Centres and numbered in the D3xxx series. This is scheduled for release in September and will have an RRP of £54.95 - the same as the standard production models. All Collectors Centres will have a maximum allocation of 13 models.
Reply to
John Turner

Until Hornby produce an un-weathered blue 31 I won't even consider buying one. :(

Reply to
Rich Mackin

Any dates when the new 08 is guestimated for the shelves?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

In message , John Turner writes

13 - unlucky for some :-)

Are you a Collectors' Centre? (Not that I want one, I hasten to add.)

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Anyone know what Hornby have lined up after the class 60???

Reply to
ViP

Don't know if you've seen one in the flesh Rich, but the weathering is quite well done, not overdone at all IMHO. It just kinda looks 'dirty'. I'm glad I got mine, will probably try and get one of the new ones too.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Potter

"Rich Mackin" wrote

You must be the 20th person to tell me that, but of course it's much easier for Hornby to tell the Chinese to do another blue one just like the last one, rather than say do another blue one without the weathering.

Sick of telling them, but as they've sold all the weathered blue ones they know best! There are still people who want a class 50 in NSE without weathering so I reckon you may have a long wait.

Heads & brick walls come to mind.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept." wrote

I don't think it's too far off Andy, although the Collectors Centre version is not due until September.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Jane Sullivan" wrote

Yes, as from the back end of last year.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Blimey! Give 'em a chance!!!

"-"

Reply to
-
59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59

Pretty please with a cherry on the top.

;-)

Reply to
ViP

A Class 22 and or 14 would be nice....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

And an 07 and a 17 as well, please. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

...and a Claughton! :-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I read recently that they have further diesel development planned...

So no 85 or 89 then. :( Perhaps they'll resurrect the Lima 156, which IMHO wasn't a bad model apart from the underframe detail.

Reply to
Rich Mackin

I happened to see an episode of Thomas the Tank Engine the other day and there was a Class 07 based locomotive in it so I would not actually rule that out considering the Hornby Thomas range!!!

Regards John M Upton

My Fotopic Collections: South Central/Southern, Model Railway & Other Rail Pictures:

Bus Pics:

JMUpton2000
59 ;-)

I would have thought that would more logically come from Bachmann having just tooled for the 66. Yes, I know there are variations, but I guess some parts of the tooling for the model may be interchangable... Or would they have to start from scratch?

I think if they will do anything it will be a choice of re-vamping the 56 or the 58.

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

"John Turner" wrote

I don't think it's too far off Andy, although the Collectors Centre version is not due until September.

John.

Thanks Mate. Subject to cash flow, I will be in touch after the last order! Puts my local shop to shame. No wonder he is moving to smaller prems. (And doesn't stock Bachmann any longer and hasn't even had the new 31 in stock)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

There are *very few* similarities between the 66 & the 59 although I appreciate the basic body profile is not dissimilar. Even the bogies are completely different. I suspect the 59 would require completely new tooling.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

There had better be a 150 or 153 planned in the next few years, or else there'll be trouble. ;)

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X