Hornby News

Hornby have now sold out of their weathered blue class 31 and are to produce a further batch with the TOPS number 31174 (in June I believe). Sadly this
new release will also be weathered. RRP remains at 89.99.
There is also to be an additional (1100 pieces limited edition) green class 08 shunter exclusive to Collector's Centres and numbered in the D3xxx series. This is scheduled for release in September and will have an RRP of 54.95 - the same as the standard production models. All Collectors Centres will have a maximum allocation of 13 models.
--
Best wishes,
John Turner,

Until Hornby produce an un-weathered blue 31 I won't even consider buying one. :(
--
*** http://www.railwayscene.co.uk/ ***
Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk)

You must be the 20th person to tell me that, but of course it's much easier for Hornby to tell the Chinese to do another blue one just like the last one, rather than say do another blue one without the weathering.
Sick of telling them, but as they've sold all the weathered blue ones they know best! There are still people who want a class 50 in NSE without weathering so I reckon you may have a long wait.
Heads & brick walls come to mind.
John.

through the washer on empty coaching stock and would not get in this state. Worn paint is more likely.
"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept." wrote

I don't think it's too far off Andy, although the Collectors Centre version is not due until September.
John.

I don't think it's too far off Andy, although the Collectors Centre version is not due until September.
John.
Thanks Mate. Subject to cash flow, I will be in touch after the last order! Puts my local shop to shame. No wonder he is moving to smaller prems. (And doesn't stock Bachmann any longer and hasn't even had the new 31 in stock)
Andy

13 - unlucky for some :-)
Are you a Collectors' Centre? (Not that I want one, I hasten to add.)
--
Jane
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

produce
this
class
of
Centres

Blimey! Give 'em a chance!!!
"-"
59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59 59
Pretty please with a cherry on the top.
;-)

59 ;-)
I would have thought that would more logically come from Bachmann having just tooled for the 66. Yes, I know there are variations, but I guess some parts of the tooling for the model may be interchangable... Or would they have to start from scratch?
I think if they will do anything it will be a choice of re-vamping the 56 or the 58.
--
Andy Sollis
CVMRD
"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept." wrote in message

There are *very few* similarities between the 66 & the 59 although I appreciate the basic body profile is not dissimilar. Even the bogies are completely different. I suspect the 59 would require completely new tooling.
John.
There are *very few* similarities between the 66 & the 59 although I appreciate the basic body profile is not dissimilar. Even the bogies are completely different. I suspect the 59 would require completely new tooling.
John.
I would "guess" though that if things are now CAD produced that at least they have a starter for 10!
Is that not half the cost doing the drawings?
Andy
P.S. Came for a ride around Hull the other night but we could only find some big bridge called Humber (not Sydney for once) and a factory all with blazing orange lights, but I forget the name. Near a Mcdonalds at Hessle?
"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept." wrote

some
You were about 600 yards from me when at the McDonalds! Should have called in. :-)
John.
You were about 600 yards from me when at the McDonalds! Should have called in. :-)
John.
:-) Not at Half 8 on a Friday night... I don't think I would have been very welcome!!!
Otherwise I would, and one day soon - WILL !
Andy
"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept." wrote

very
You'd just have been in time to buy the first round in the pub! ;-)
John.

Not if you're Lima ;-))))
S.